The clock ticks over and just like that the calender moves on to a new day, a new year. A New Year that holds so much possibilities. People all around the world celebrate this with mostly reckless abandon … A New Year filled with promise and grand imagery of being better than the last!
Resolutions are made on how we are going to change this year.. My favourite ones …. “I am going to go on a diet”; “I am going to get into shape”; “I am going to swear less in traffic” … a few of the most used resolutions…
There are a few questions that comes to mind:
- How are you going to change to make your “resolutions” a lifestyle and sustainable?
- Are you ready for the hard work as there really is no magic pill? If there was everyone would have used it the year before already 😉
- What did you do on the 1st day of the New Year to honour your “resolution”? The commitment that you so earnestly made to yourself just a few hours before…
- What is going to be different this time around for you to be successful?
- Do you have a plan in place to reach your goals, or were your “resolutions” empty words to impress those around you or to quieten the little nagging voice inside of you desperately wanting a change?
Both Daniel and I, do not make or believe in New Years Resolutions. Why? Well every morning when we wake up, is a fresh start. Every morning we wake up is a choice to make this day the most EPIC day, to grab all the opportunities it presents, to live in the magic it bestows on us! To nourish and feed our mind, body and soul in such a way that if we are blessed to experience another day like today, tomorrow, our future self will be proud of the good, wholesome choices we made and actions we took today!
You do not have to wait for the man-made invention of time and a new year, to start afresh. What is required though, is that you are really willing to embark on a new journey, to embrace a healthier lifestyle, to be hungry to learn and uplift yourself. That together with action steps to turn your goal into a reality…
Here are some tips for you to turn your dreams into reality
- Get the simple things done
- Set both realistic and unrealistic goals
- Work hard
- Get others to work with you
- Don’t make excuses
- Don’t underestimate others
- Be willing to fail
- Embrace the repercussions of your actions
- Don’t back down
- Laugh when you want to cry
- Make sacrifices
What I like to do is have a word for the year! That creates mindfulness in my everyday! This year my words is:
I was quite surprised to actually find a meaning in the dictionary: “Possessing or enjoying good health or a sound and vigorous mentality; a healthy body, a healthy mind. Pertaining to or characteristic of good health, or a sound and vigorous mind: A healthy appearance; Healthy Attitudes”
Health and Happiness – it is not only a “diet” but it encompasses a holistic approach to your entire body, mind and soul – to your attitude and your approach to embrace the world around you – in what you feel, touch, smell, see with all your senses.
To look at all aspects of your life and to ensure that you are mindful and remain in balance. To make the best choices today that will benefit you in 20-30 years from now. To be patient in the process and not haphazardly scrounge around for quick fixes that does more harm than good in the long run. To be willing to do the work to gain vitality and vigour for life, every moment of every day. To take responsibility for where you are now and to know that you have the power within you, to change your life, your world. To be kind to yourself and those around you, including our environment. We are all interconnected, just as your thoughts, feelings, organs, cells are interconnected.
So if you have made resolutions, be sure to put actions and goals into place. Ensure they are really what you are after, so ask yourself WHY you want to achieve them. Find your one word that will resonate with you this year and that will keep you mindful, aware and on track this year to make it the best moment, best day, best year you have every lived!
Our wish for you: To have the HEALTHINESS’ST YEAR EVER!!